§2 ch4: Investigation Response
Attachment H: Guidelines for Letter to Suspected Perpetrator Regarding Delayed Notification of CA/N Status Determination
Section 210.152, RSMo. requires the Division to notify the alleged perpetrator and parents of the subject child of the Division's preliminary determination within ninety (90) days after receipt of the report of abuse and/or neglect. Occasionally, the determination is delayed beyond the mandated time frame while waiting for needed evidence. When such a delay occurs, the Children's Service Worker should notify the alleged perpetrator, parents, and non-custodial parents in writing. The following information should be included in the letter:
- The CA/N incident number;
- The date the incident was reported;
- The name of the alleged perpetrator;
- That the status determination will be delayed;
- The reason for the status determination delay;
- That we continue to investigate the report; and,
- That notification of the status determination will be sent in the near future.
A copy of the letter will go in the case file.