§2 ch4: Investigation Response
4.1.13 Compiling the Investigative Record
When the Children’s Service Worker determines the conclusion of the Investigation they shall:
Complete CPS-1, CD-17 and if required the CD-18.
NOTE: The conclusion date of a CA/N report is defined as the date the worker completes the evaluation of evidence gathered and completes the CPS-1 form and narrative. If the supervisor agrees with the conclusion decision, the date the worker signed their finding is the date entered into the CA/N database system. If the supervisor does NOT agree with the worker’s finding, the supervisor and worker shall conference, gather additional information, if necessary, and document all additional steps. The conclusion date entered then becomes the date the worker and supervisor agree on the conclusion.
Compile the record of investigation to include: CA/N-l, CPS-1, CD-17, CD-18 (if required), and CS-21, documentation that CS-24s, etc. were provided to appropriate persons, and attach evidence gathered during the Investigation.
Submit to immediate supervisor for review and signature.
The CA/N-1 is to be entered into the data system immediately after final status determination.
File the compiled record, including the CPS-1, CD-17 and the CD-18 (if required), in the CA/N section of the case record along with the final CA/N-1 after reviewing for accuracy.
The family should be offered preventive services through CD or community resources if the investigative conclusion is Unsubstantiated-Preventive Services indicated or provided Family Centered Services to prevent out-of-home placement and document reasonable efforts on the CPS-1.
- Refer to appropriate supervisor for FCS assignment if investigative conclusion is "Preponderance of Evidence."
- Refer to appropriate supervisor for treatment needs assessment if preventive services are indicated.
126.96.36.199 Updating the FACES Conclusion ScreensUpon conclusion of an investigation found to be substantiated by POE, the worker will update the FACES Conclusion Screen using the POE conclusion code “B”. However, levels will be identified which include:
- Preliminary Finding - Upon conclusion of the investigation found to be substantiated by POE, the worker will enter a "B" = POE on the FACES Conclusion Screen. Please note the system will display a new field "Deadline for Alleged Perpetrator(s) to Request Review" signifying a due date by which the perpetrator(s) must request such review. This is a display field only.
- Preliminary Finding Pending Appeal - Upon receipt of a request for an administrative review the staff must update the Administrative Review Request Information fields on the FACES Appeals Screen.
- Final Determination – Upon exhaustion of all requested administrative and judicial review processes (excluding criminal prosecutions) staff will update the FACES Appeals Screen to "Final Determination".
Chapter Memoranda History: (prior to 1/31/07)