§3 ch5: Working with Contracted Treatment Providers
5.6 Procedural Steps for Authorizing CTS
The following steps are to be taken by the Children’s Service Worker when authorizing CTS:
- Determine the appropriate treatment services with the family during the assessment and planning process;
- Include the service in the Written Service Agreement, if agreed upon;
- Conduct an Emergency Assistance (EAS) assessment when an emergency situation exists for the family.
- Complete the CS-67 and immediately enter into the system;
- Obtain clearance from the authorizing designee, according to local policy, to complete an authorization (CS-67A) for Children’s Treatment Services or protective service child care.
- Arrange referral with the provider. Identify the local office contact person for the provider to contact if there are problems with an authorization or invoice regarding services for this client;
- Complete the CS-67A. Enter appropriate service codes, per forms instructions;
- Obtain the signature of the authorizing designee prior to data entry; enter the CS-67A into system immediately;
NOTE: The system will produce appropriate notification the evening following entry, to both client and provider, for all services authorized. This notification is mailed to the client and the provider.
When the client is in need of an immediate or emergency service, and the notification is required within five (5) working days, enter the CS-67A into the system, then:
- Request that an "Immediate/Emergency Authorization" notice be printed;
- Provide the client with this notice to hand-deliver to the provider;
- File a second copy in the case record; and
- Inform the client that an ongoing authorization letter will follow to both him/her and the provider;
- Review the CS-67 and CS-67A turnarounds upon receipt to ensure correctness of all eligibility and authorization information which was entered into the system;
NOTE: A copy of all client notifications generated by the SEAS system will be sent to the authorizing worker. A copy of provider notification will be sent to the county director/designee.
- Complete and submit the Children’s Treatment Services Referral Summary, form CS-13, to the CTS provider the CS-40 is used for protective services child care referrals.