§6 ch3: Resource Family Assessment and Licensing Process
Attachment F: Guide for Conducting Foster Family Group Home Assessment
The legal basis for licensure of Foster Family Group Homes is contained in sections 210.481-536, RSMo. Applicable regulation (rule) is contained in 13 CSR 40-72.0l0, subsections (1) and (2).
Follow Resource Family Assessment Process. Pre-service foster parent training (27 hours) is required. Conformance with fire, safety and sanitation ordinances must be achieved prior to license issuance. Evidence of compliance with local building and zoning requirements, if applicable, shall be furnished to the worker.
For a regular foster home converting to foster family group home, update the foster home assessment record with additional compliance information.
Additional Licensing Requirements(From Those for Regular Foster Home):
- Staff/child ratio is a maximum of 1:6;
- One foster parent shall not be gainfully employed;
- Two toilets and one tub or shower for each six children shall be provided;
- The home shall have a telephone;
- Sleeping rooms shall be outside rooms (must have window access for fire escape) and shall be above the lowest level of the ground;
- Each child shall have a separate bed with a space of at least three feet on all sides of the bed, except where it touches the wall;
- Third floor level sleeping quarters are prohibited;
- State and local fire and safety inspections are required;
- State sanitation inspection is required to determine safe water supply and sewage facility when home has private water supply and septic tank. The inspection is initiated by the resource worker contacting the local health department and requesting the inspection.