§6 ch7: Children’s Division’s Appeal Processes
Attachment B: Children’s Division’s Grievance Process Guidelines
Alternative Care Board Process Guidelines
The County Director/designee, Area Director/Designee and the Alternative Care Review Board (ACRB) will use the following guidelines to determine whether or not the Division’s child management decision should be upheld or reversed:
- The child management decision and rationale for making same is documented clearly and concisely in the child’s Alternative Care or the Foster/Relative/Adoptive Parent case record and includes a reference, where appropriate, to the policy and/or procedure(s) which prompted the decision;
- The health and well-being of the child with regard to the decision is clearly and concisely documented;
- When appropriate, verbal and physical evidence supporting the Division’s child management decision is clearly and concisely documented;
- The Alternative Care parents evidence and statements are clearly documented and reviewed;
- The decision is in the best interest of the child.
These guidelines are not all-inclusive. The reviewer(s) should also consider Division policy and procedures, the Child Abuse Law (Chapter 210 RSMo.) if applicable, and use his/her best professional judgement in reviewing the child management issue.