Children’s Division Glossary "O"
Section 7 is the glossary and reference chapters. The terms in this glossary are legal, medical, psychological, and practice terms commonly used by Children’s Division (CD). However, some of the definitions may not reflect the meaning that the general public uses.
Select a letter from the row below or scroll down to browse the index. Then select a topic from the index list.
- O -
- OBESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER:
- An anxiety disorder in which the mind is flooded with persistent and uncontrollable thoughts, where the individual is compelled to repeat certain acts again and again, causing significant distress and interference of everyday functioning.
- Referring to the back of the head.
- Formation of bone.
- OLDER YOUTH PROGRAM:
- Services provided to all youth age fourteen (14) through twenty-one (21) in custody or previously in custody. The Older Youth Program encompasses philosophy through positive youth development and the distinct permanency needs of adolescents. Assessment tools are used to develop individual case plans for youth to help assist with the successful transition from adolescence to adulthood. Services include life skills teaching, housing options, educational assistance, and aftercare.
- OLDER YOUTH TRANSITION SPECIALIST:
- Regionally-based Children’s Service Specialist position responsible for monitoring and providing support to the Transitional Living Services, Chafee Foster Care Independence Program Services, and Educational Training Voucher Contract.
- OSTEOGENESIS IMPERFECTA:
- An inherited condition in which the bones are abnormally brittle and subject to fractures.
- OUT-OF-HOME INVESTIGATION UNIT:
- A unit composed of Children’s Division investigators who complete CA/N investigations for certain out-of-home investigations, i.e., foster homes, licensed and registered child care homes and centers, residential facilities, and private and public school employees.