Family Support Division
Child Support Enforcement
Payment Information for Employers
- How does centralized collections in Missouri benefit employers?
- Employers have one location in Missouri to send all child and spousal
support income withholdings. (Please note, income you withhold under an
order that directs you to send payments to another state may not be
sent to the Family Support Payment Center. You must send these payments
to the other state as directed in the withholding order.)
- Employers have the option to send income withholdings by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)/Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
- Customer service representatives can be reached at 1-800-585-9234 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Central Time), to answer employers' questions about specific child support payments sent to the Family Support Payment Center.
- If an employer is withholding income from an employee for more than one income withholding order and sending payments for that employee to the Family Support Payment Center, the employer may report and send in one amount for that employee’s orders.
- How can an employer arrange to send employees' income withholdings to the Family Support Payment Center by EFT/EDI?
- For child and spousal support income withholdings paid to the Family Support Payment Center, an employer can set up the EFT/EDI payment method
- Does centralized collections affect how employers withhold and report employees' child and spousal support income withholdings?
- No. Employers should withhold support amounts in accordance with existing
income withholding orders.
If an employee has more than one income withholding order and the employer is sending all of that employee’s child support income withholdings to the Family Support Payment Center, the employer may send in one amount for that employee and report the following information with the payment:
- Employee name
- Social Security Number
- Amount withheld
- How can employers get additional information on child and spousal support payment processing?
- Call the Missouri Child Support Employer Information Line (1-800-585-9234).