The FSD Food Distribution Unit, through the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food Distribution Program, provides food to help improve the nutritional status of children and needy adults. These programs provide for distribution of USDA-donated foods to all “non-school” recipient agencies.

FSD distributes foods to summer food service programs for children, disaster relief agencies, and six non-profit food banks that provide emergency food assistance to food pantries, soup kitchens homeless shelters, domestic violence shelters, Kid’s Cafes, and other non-profit organizations providing meals in a congregate setting to needy persons/households.

Under certain terms and conditions, donated foods may be obtained from FSD for use in hospitals, nursing homes, retirement homes, other group homes, senior citizens centers, day care centers, emergency shelters, homeless shelters, soup kitchens, meals on wheels, sheltered workshops, substance abuse centers, correctional facilities, halfway houses, and other charitable institutions.

Who Is Eligible?

Institutions or organizations that:

Needy persons and households that:

Non-discrimination Statement

The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.