Family Support Division
Child Support Enforcement
Payment Information for Missouri Employers
Employers play a crucial role in the success of the child support program. With your cooperation, more children in Missouri and other states receive the financial support they need to lead healthy and happy lives. Child Support Enforcement thanks you, the employers, for your efforts.
As a Missouri employer, you:
- Must report information about new employees to the Missouri Department of Revenue (sections 285.300 to 285.306, RSMo);
- May be directed to provide salary and benefit information for a specific employee to Missouri Child Support Enforcement or another state’s child support enforcement agency (section 454.440, RSMo);
- May be ordered to withhold and pay over family support from an employee’s wages (sections 452.350 and 454.505, and sections 454.932 to 454.941, RSMo); and
- May be ordered to enroll an employee’s child in a health benefit plan and to withhold the appropriate premium amount from the employee’s wages (sections 454.600 to 454.645, RSMo).
- How does an employer report new employees?
- I would like to know about the law that requires
Missouri employers to comply with income withholding orders received from
- How do I arrange to send employees' income withholdings
to the Family Support Payment Center by electronic funds transfer (EFT)/Electronic
Data Interchange (EDI)?
- How do I arrange to send employees’ income withholding to the Family Support Payment Center online?”
- I need information
about the National Medical Support Notice (NMSN).
If you have questions regarding the child support program that are not answered here, call the Missouri Child Support Employer Information Line at 1-800-585-9234 or (573) 526-8699.