Human Resource Center
Welcome to the DSS Human Resource Center (HRC)!
The HRC guides human resources management for the department’s 7,000 plus employees. We are responsible for coordinating activities in the areas of personnel law, labor relations, administrative policies, recruitment, selection, classification, discipline, compensation, training, union negotiations and resolution administration, and administration of the employee grievance system.
FOR A CAREER THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE.... YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
The Department of Social Services is nationally recognized for our progressive leadership in human services. Join a dedicated workforce and use your talents in service to people in your community by....
- helping children get medical care
- finding a safe place for abused children
- teaching persons with visual impairments the skills they need to thrive at work
- working with families in crisis so they may remain together in a safe and nurturing environment
- working with the police to put child abusers behind bars
- helping families find self-respect while making the transition from welfare to work
- protecting communities by providing care and treatment for youth committed to our custody.
DSS Values Diversity!
Diversity is best expressed as inclusiveness and openness. Diversity is the mosaic of people that are representative of the population we live in and serve, who bring a variety of backgrounds, ideas, styles, perspectives, and beliefs as assets to the groups and organizations with which they interact.
DSS is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. DSS employees, applicants for employment, and contractors are to be treated equitably regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, or veteran status.